Barnabas Teams gather to pray for our missionaries, write notes of encouragement, help get missionaries settled when they come to Portland, have gatherings for them when they return, etc. Most missionaries have their own Barnabas Team. The teams also assist with practical needs such as making arrangements for home assignments, handling stateside finances, and serving as advocate for their missionary.
Join a Barnabas team.
Friends of Missions gather on the third Thursday of every month at 9:30am in the Chapel. It is a great place to begin to learn more about our global outreach efforts.
We want to inspire and empower our church family to find their place in God’s mission. We want to humbly and boldly take risks for the kingdom of God. Our community has a beautiful story to tell as we partner with God. The Missional Grant is a way to launch new ministries, providing resources and support to enable our church family to live out and proclaim the Good News. Existing ministries may apply for a grant to extend their reach in new ways.
Who May Apply?
Anyone who is part of Cedar Mill Bible Church and wants to start and lead a ministry that meets the criteria below.
How to Apply
Email Lori Kelly or call 503-644-3156 to apply. She will connect you with a member of the missional grant team who will answer questions and pair you with someone who can offer feedback and support. The grant deadline is September 29, 2017. Grants will be awarded October 29, 2017.
Applications should demonstrate how this ministry will:
• Embody the Gospel—How does this ministry reflect God’s heart?
• Be holistic—How does it provide opportunities to care for people physically and spiritually? How do you see people experiencing the love of Christ through this ministry, both in word and deed?
• Mobilize the Body of Christ—What opportunities does it provide for followers of Jesus at Cedar Mill to put their faith into action?
• Be strategic—In what ways does it meet a need? Is someone else already meeting this need?
• Be sustainable—How many volunteers are needed? What kind of leadership team is needed for it to function effectively and be self-sustaining?